This is a very fast guide to set up the IC-705 with UISS for sending AX.25 packets and APRS.
- Download and install UISS. During installation, install the Soundmodem software TNC.
- Download the file ptt-dll.zip from Soundmodem webpage. Unzip and copy the files to your UISS folder.
- Change the CI-V address on your IC-705 to 94h as we have to use the settings for IC-7300 in Soundmodem.
- Set the radio to FM-D (Data) and select the frq for APRS (in Sweden 144.800 MHz).
- Start UISS
- Setup UISS with your callsign and your location:
- In Soundmodem, set the Sound Card device to your IC-705 USB audio card.
- In Soundmodem, set the PTT Port to CAT and radio IC7300. The COM-port should be the one that IC-705 uses for CI-V.
- Now you should be able to see traffic
- Now send your first APRS Position. Use digipeater if you like.
The IC-705 now sends your APRS location.
- If everything is OK you should be seen on aprs.fi